At Geisinger, we strive to make sure you have a positive childbirth experience. Your dedicated team of labor and delivery experts are here to help every step of the way.
Geisinger offers private, comfortable birthing suites for labor, delivery, recovery and post-partum at Geisinger Medical Center, Danville; Geisinger Wyoming Valley Medical Center, Wilkes-Barre; and Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital, Bloomsburg. We also deliver at Mount Nittany Medical Center, State College and Lewistown Hospital, Lewistown.
If your provider determines that you need to have a Caesarean section, we have several Caesarean suites on the same floor equipped with the most progressive technology to address high-risk situations.
Mothers who deliver at Geisinger Medical Center, Geisinger Wyoming Valley and Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital will benefit from:
- Private labor, delivery, recovery, and post-partum rooms
- Dedicated operating suites for Caesarean section deliveries
- Pain management and anesthesia available
- Designated family members present at birth
- Baby "rooming in" with mothers, as well as a fully-staffed nursery
- The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit for newborns needing specialized care before going home
- Dedicated security measures for mom and baby
- Online iNursery for friends and family to view newborn's photos
Labor & Delivery Suite Virtual Tours
- Labor & Delivery at Geisinger Medical Center
- Labor & Delivery at Geisinger Wyoming Valley
- Labor & Delivery at Geisinger-Bloomsburg Hospital