If you’re 18 or older and searching for an interesting and rewarding volunteer opportunity in your community, we’d love to hear from you.
Apply to become an adult volunteer
To get started, fill out and submit your application to become a Geisinger volunteer. Be sure to fill out the application for your location of interest.
Once you apply, a Volunteer Services team member will be in touch to discuss next steps.
All volunteer applicants are required to have two references submitted on their behalf. Please have two people (must be unrelated to you) fill out the recommendation form and mail* or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each adult volunteer must complete the following before beginning service:
- Health screening, including a screening for drugs and nicotine
- Pennsylvania State background check
- FBI fingerprinting clearance (waived if PA resident for 10 years or more)
- Disclosure statement (if FBI fingerprinting requirement is waived)
- Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance
- Office of Inspector General sanctions screening
Once we have received your application and references, the volunteer coordinator at your local Geisinger campus will contact you for an interview. They will also help you complete the necessary steps in the process.
Interested in learning more about volunteering at Geisinger or have questions about the application process? Call us at 570-271-6030 or fill out the form on this page and a member of our team will contact your shortly.
*You can find the mailing address on the references form.