Geisinger adult volunteer program
If you are 18 or older and searching for a satisfying and interesting volunteer opportunity, we want to meet you! To apply to become a Geisinger volunteer, complete and submit the blue form on this page. A representative from our department will be in touch about next steps.
Every volunteer applicant is also required to have two references submitted on their behalf. Please direct two individuals of your choice to fill out this form and mail* or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Additionally, each adult volunteer will need to complete the following before beginning service:
- Health screening, including a screening for drugs and nicotine
- Pennsylvania State background check
- FBI fingerprinting clearance (waived if PA resident for 10 years or more)
- Disclosure statement (if FBI fingerprinting requirement is waived)
- Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance
- Office of Inspector General sanctions screening
The Geisinger volunteer coordinator at your local Geisinger campus will contact you for an interview once we have received your application and references. They will also help you complete the necessary steps in the process.