FAQs - Adult Volunteers
Possible volunteer opportunities include:
- Assisting patients and guests with escorting, transporting and wayfinding
- Reception, host greeter
- Supporting operational duties and tasks in clinical and non-clinical areas
- Performing clerical and data entry tasks
- Visiting and comforting patients
- Delivering materials, mail and messages to patients and staff
- Pet therapy volunteers
- Assisting with special projects and events
However, not all campuses include all opportunities. Refer to the contact us page and call the Volunteer Services office at the campus of your choice to find out more details.
Most volunteers participate on a regular schedule once a week, a few times a week or monthly for a shift of three or more hours. Your individual schedule will depend on the nature of your volunteer work and your availability.
All Geisinger volunteers are required to wear a volunteer uniform and a Geisinger name badge while serving so that they are easily identifiable.
The volunteer uniform is a red shirt, vest or jacket that is supplied to all volunteers upon the start of their service. The supplied uniform top is to be worn with navy, tan or grey pants (obtained by the volunteer), a shirt with short or long sleeves and closed toed shoes.