Geisinger offers volunteer opportunities for students currently enrolled or seeking to enroll in healthcare-related programs at the college or university level. The college volunteer program at Geisinger is competitive. We do our best to accommodate each student’s interests and needs. However, depending on availability students may not be placed in their first area of choice. A minimum commitment by the student of 50 hours over the course of one semester is required for participation.
Volunteering does not always lead to a paid position. If you are interested in a paid position, visit Geisinger's careers page.
To apply, complete and submit the application form below and arrange to have two references submitted on your behalf.
Additionally, each college volunteer will need to complete the following before beginning:
- Health screening, including a drug screening for drug and nicotine
- Pennsylvania background check
- FBI fingerprinting (if PA resident for 10 years or more, this is waived)
- Disclosure statement (if FBI fingerprinting requirement is waived)
- Pennsylvania child abuse history clearance
- Office of Inspector General sanctions screening
A Geisinger volunteer coordinator will contact you for an interview and to help you complete the process once we have received your application and references.
Contact the volunteer coordinator at your local Geisinger campus for more information.