FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
LEWISTOWN, PA – Geisinger-Lewistown Hospital is offering a free women’s wellness workshop on Saturday, June 6, from 7 a.m. to noon at Calvary Bible Church, 100 Calvary Lane, Lewistown.
Free health screenings and activities to include heart health, spirometry/lung function, blood pressure, blood sugar, grip test, bone density scans, self-breast exam education, yoga demonstration, giant inflatable colon, product vendors and breakfast will be offered from 7 to 9 a.m.
An overview of effective ways to manage your health through the different phases of your life and new trends and guidelines in women’s health begins at 9 a.m. Workshops covering various health topics will be offered from 10:15 to 11 a.m. and 11:15 a.m. to noon. Workshop topics and presenters include:
- Prevention is the best medicine – Dr. Ricardo Carter and Dr. Emily Suvock
- Look your best – Dr. Lindsay Eisler
- The key to a healthy heart – Dr. Kathleen Zazzali
- Know your ABC’s for skin cancer – Stefanie Dunk, PA-C
- Are you at risk for breast cancer and dense breasts—why be concerned – Dr. Rosemary Leeming
- The heat is on—sex, menopause and getting back to yourself – Dr. Laura Silverstein
- Love your bones and joints – Dr. Francesca Okoye
- Ugh…I sneezed or laughed – Dr. Anna Pilzek
- Your body holds your future—knowing and caring for the needs of your body – Dr. Virginia Wray
This event is free and open to the public, and registration is required. To register, please call Lauren Hassinger at 717.242.7226.