The Resident Planning Team of Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine is pleased to announce that eight of our current fourth-year medical students have successfully matched into residency programs.
- Kristina Borham, Air Force, who matched into an OB/GYN residency at Walter Reed National Military Medical Center.
- Michael Frein, Air Force, who matched into Emergency Medicine at Wright Patterson Air Force Base/Wright State University
- Matthew Weirich, Army, who matched into Emergency Medicine at the Medical College of Georgia, Augusta University.
- Karl Andersen, who matched in ophthalmology at University of Texas, Southwestern-Dallas.
- Evan Frigoletto, who matched in ophthalmology at West Virginia University Eye Institute.
- Ashlyn Reiser, who matched in ophthalmology at Larkin Community Hospital, Florida.
- Christian Hague, who matched in urology at Penn State College of Medicine, Hershey.
- Evan Spencer, who matched in urology at Westchester Medical Center, New York.
Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine (Geisinger Commonwealth) is a member of the Geisinger family. Geisinger Commonwealth offers a community-based model of medical education with campuses in Atlantic City, Danville, Doylestown, Sayre, Scranton and Wilkes-Barre. Geisinger Commonwealth offers Doctor of Medicine (MD), Master of Biomedical Sciences (MBS) and Professional Science Master's (PSM) degrees. The school’s innovative curriculum, focused on caring for people in the context of their lives and their community, attracts the next generation of physicians and scientists from within its region, as well as from across the nation. The school also has more than 500 residents and fellows in 31 accredited residency programs and 23 accredited fellowships. Geisinger Commonwealth is committed to non-discrimination in all employment and educational opportunities. For more information, visit www.geisinger.edu/gcsom, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1.5 million consumers it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes 13 hospital campuses, a 600,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With 32,000 employees and 1,800 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania and New Jersey by billions of dollars annually. For more information, visit www.geisinger.org, or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
Director, Media and Public Relations
On Call: 570-687-9703