Geisinger Lewistown Hospital Rural Family Medicine Residency Program Class of 2022 graduates announced
LEWISTOWN, Pa. – The Lewistown Rural Family Medicine Residency Program, a partnership between Geisinger and Family Practice Center, is pleased to announce the graduation of the Class of 2022 on June 30, 2022.
The ACGME-accredited, three-year program received initial accreditation in spring 2018 with a goal of training family medicine physicians to provide quality care in rural or underserved communities.
“I’m extremely proud of our graduating residents. For the past three years, they have worked to bring quality healthcare to the region. They were on the front lines of this pandemic during each of the surges our community experienced,” said Mandy Maneval, MD, program director of the Lewistown Rural Family Medicine Residency Program. “The relationships they created in the community and our healthcare system helped to build a strong foundation for all future classes. Their impact on this residency program will last for many years. We are all very thankful for their hard work, sacrifice and dedication.”
The graduating resident physicians and where they will practice post-residency include:
• Enaam Alsoufi, MD – Outpatient Family Medicine
• Sai Swapnika Guttikonda, MD, MPH – Outpatient Primary Care, UPMC, Franklin, PA
• Matta Temujin Reddy, MD – Nocturnist, Prisma Healthcare, Columbia, SC
• Intekhab Askari Syed Ahmad Raza, MD – Clinical associate professor, Sentara Clarksville Family Medicine, Clarksville, VA
The program would like to recognize the following award-winners:
• Arka Bhattacharya, MD – Intern of the Year
• Julie Xanthopoulos, MD, PhD – Teacher of the Year
• Nicki Vithalani, MD – Teacher of the Year
• Matta Temujin Reddy, MD – Resident Teaching Award
• Enaam Alsoufi, MD – Advocate Award
• Intekhab Askari Syed Ahmad Raza, MD – Excellence Award
• Sai Swapnika Guttikonda, MD, MPH – Leadership Award
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes 10 hospital campuses, a health plan with more than half a million members, a research institute and the Geisinger College of Health Sciences, which includes schools of medicine, nursing and graduate education. With more than 25,000 employees and 1,700+ employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.