Geisinger to host appreciation dinners for local military veterans
Event celebrates 20th anniversary, expands to 11 locations
DANVILLE, Pa. – To thank local military veterans for their service, Geisinger will host drive-through Veterans Appreciation dinners at 11 locations across the health system’s service area from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 10. Geisinger Healthplex State College will serve meals from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
The dinners for U.S. military veterans and a guest are being provided at no cost to participants. Anyone interested should make a reservation by Tuesday, Nov. 1.
Geisinger will again serve this dinner as a drive-through event for the safety of the community, staff and volunteers. Last year’s event served more than 2,300 meals.
This year marks the 20th anniversary for the event at Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital, where it originated before expanding to other Geisinger facilities. This year’s event will grow from nine locations to 11.
Veterans may contact their preferred location to register themselves and one guest for the meal. Servings are limited, and those interested are encouraged to sign up now.
• Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital, 549 Fair St. (main entrance)
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/gbh or call 570-387-2145.
• Geisinger Justin Drive Office Building, 35 Justin Drive, Building 2
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/gmc or call 866-578-3427.
• Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital, 1020 Thompson St.
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/gjsh or call 570-398-3101.
• Geisinger Lewistown Hospital, 400 Highland Ave. (third-floor entrance)
• To make a reservation, visit, go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/glh or call 717-242-7102.
• Geisinger Family Health Associates Mifflintown, 27 Cjems Lane
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/mifflintown or call 717-242-4219.
• Geisinger Medical Center Muncy, 255 Route 220
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/gmcm or call 570-308-2475.
• Geisinger Healthplex CenterPoint, 1201 Oak St.
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/pittston or call 570-808-5380.
• Nay Aug Park, 500 Arthur Ave.
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/gcmc or call 570-703-6322.
• Geisinger Shamokin Area Community Hospital, 4200 Hospital Road, Coal Township
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/gsach or call 866-278-9806.
• Geisinger Healthplex State College, 132 Abigail Lane, Port Matilda
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner/statecollege or call 814-272-5032.
• Meals will be served at this location from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
This location has reached its reservation capacity and is no longer accepting reservations for meals. Instead, consider making a reservation at our Bloomsburg, Scranton or Pittston locations.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes 10 hospital campuses, a health plan with more than half a million members, a research institute and the Geisinger College of Health Sciences, which includes schools of medicine, nursing and graduate education. With more than 25,000 employees and 1,700+ employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.
For media inquiries :
Marketing & Communications