Drive-through event to take place at 11 locations
DANVILLE, Pa. – To thank local military veterans for their service, Geisinger will host drive-through veterans appreciation dinners at 11 locations across the health system’s service area from 3:30 to 5:30 p.m. on Thursday, Nov. 9. The Geisinger Healthplex State College location will serve meals from 4 to 5:30 p.m.
The dinners for U.S. military veterans and a guest are offered at no cost to participants.
Geisinger will provide these dinners at a drive-through event for the safety of the community, staff and volunteers. Last year’s event served about 2,900 meals.
Veterans may contact their preferred location to register themselves and one guest for the meal. Servings are limited, and those interested are encouraged to sign up now. Anyone interested should make a reservation by Friday, Oct. 27.
• Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital, 549 Fair St. (main entrance)
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-gbh or call 570-416-0568.
• Geisinger Justin Drive Office Building, 35 Justin Drive, Building 2
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-danville or call 570-214-3288.
• Geisinger Jersey Shore Hospital, 1020 Thompson St.
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-gjsh or call 570-398-3101.
• Geisinger Lewistown Hospital, 400 Highland Ave. (third-floor entrance)
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-glh or call 717-242-7227.
• Geisinger Family Health Associates Mifflintown, 27 CJEMS Lane
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-mifflintown or call 717-242-4219.
• Geisinger Medical Center Muncy, 255 Route 220 Highway
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-gmcm or call 570-308-2475.
• Geisinger Healthplex CenterPoint, 1201 Oak St.
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-pittston or call 570-808-7000.
• Nay Aug Park, 500 Arthur Ave.
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-gcmc or call 570-703-4798.
• Geisinger Shamokin Area Community Hospital, 4200 Hospital Road, Coal Township
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-gsach or call 570-644-4370.
• Geisinger Healthplex State College, 132 Abigail Lane, Port Matilda
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-statecollege or call 814-272-5032.
• Behind Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre, at 50 Roosevelt Terrace
• To make a reservation, visit go.geisinger.org/vetsdinner-gswb or call 570-808-3651.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes 10 hospital campuses, a health plan with more than half a million members, a research institute and the Geisinger College of Health Sciences, which includes schools of medicine, nursing and graduate education. With more than 25,000 employees and 1,700+ employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn and Twitter.