We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves
- Giving patients, members and colleagues undivided attention and actively listening.
- Training the entire Geisinger family in C.I.CARE – an approach to improve personal connection, communication and compassionate expression with one another and our members and patients.
- Ensuring that patients, members and colleagues feel respected and treated with dignity.
- Striving to understand and demonstrate respect for cultural beliefs and values, embracing diversity, and delivering culturally sensitive care.
- Treating every patient with essential compassion, including responding to and treating an individual – not a case, a number, a disease or condition.
Diversity and Inclusion
Geisinger promotes diversity and inclusion to embrace our diverse family and enable culturally competent care.
Caring in action in the NICU
Geisinger nurses connect with our tiniest patients – bringing comfort to them and their families.
Geisinger provided $580 million of community benefits through uncomprensated care, research, education, and outreach programs in fiscal year 2016.