Selling Geisinger Health Plan to businesses
Thank you for your interest in selling Geisinger Health Plan. We offer a variety of plans to fit businesses of any size. With our tradition of excellence and affordable prices, you can feel confident that we’re a good fit for your business clients.
Here’s why we believe Geisinger Health Plan is the right choice for your clients.
Tradition of excellence
- Providing quality, affordable health insurance since 1985
- More than 500,000 members in Pennsylvania
Regionally based, nationally recognized
- In 2016, the National Committee for Quality Assurance (NCQA) ranked Geisinger Health Plan among the top private and Medicare health plans for quality and service.
- Our commercial HMO and PPO plans received a rating of 4 out of 5, and Geisinger Gold’s HMO plans received a rating of 4.5 out of 5, based on consumer satisfaction, preventive care, treatment and NCQA accreditation in the 2016-2017 NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Ratings.
Visit NCQA for more information.
- Integrated healthcare system and health insurance coverage provides quality care at low cost
- Low out-of-pocket costs for your employees
- Plans with a zero ($0) deductible are available
Providers and care locations
Our members have access to more than 31,000 providers in our network, including:
- 3,500 primary care physicians
- 27,000 specialist physicians
- 110 hospitals
- 3,000 pharmacies
- More than 50 urgent and convenient care locations
- Worldwide access to emergency care
Most of our plans also offer access to:
- Skilled nursing facilities
- Behavioral health services, including mental and substance abuse providers
Health and wellness programs
- Innovative wellness programs such as tobacco cessation counseling and health advice by phone promote employee health
- Personalized support and education services cover the spectrum of your clients’ employees’ healthcare needs
Focused on customer service
Your clients need to know their healthcare coverage provider is going to be there when they need help. That’s why we focus on serving our members:
- We contact all new members to welcome them and help them understand their benefits.
- On average, every phone call is answered within 14 seconds (the industry average is 30 seconds).
- We employ more than 330 permanent customer service staff, including more than 50 pharmacy employees. On average, our customer service representatives have worked for us for 10 years.
- 90 percent of coverage prior authorizations are completed on the day they’re received (other major health plans take as long as 72 hours).
For more information, call 866-488-6653, Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m., or email GHPBrokerLicensing@thehealthplan.com.
Become an appointed broker and learn more about Geisinger Health Plan’s options for your employer clients.
Join our team
Become an appointed broker to sell Geisinger Health Plan.
Compare our plans
Help your clients make the right choice.
Already an appointed broker?
If you’re already appointed to sell Geisinger Health Plan, log in to your account.
Find a doctor, pharmacy or prescription
See what doctors, pharmacies and current prescriptions are available through Geisinger Health Plan’s network.