Student life: Your nursing education
Life at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital School of Nursing
Located on the campus of Geisinger Lewistown Hospital, the School of Nursing sits in the Learning Center, directly adjacent to the hospital. Geisinger Lewistown Hospital has been part of the Lewistown community for more than 110 years since it first opened in 1908. Over the decades, the campus has grown to include a maternity center, a behavioral health unit, a surgical center, women's health services, a wound healing institute and many outpatient and specialty care services.
In fact, we’re one of the few hospitals with nursing schools in Pennsylvania.
Nestled in the heart of central Pennsylvania, this quaint, four-county area includes Big Valley, Centre County and the Juniata River Valley. Perfect for adventure seekers and outdoor lovers alike, Lewistown and central PA offer a rural backdrop, picturesque landscapes and the beloved college town of State College, filled with restaurants and shops.
The following nursing scholarships are available to our students each fall:
- Robert & Sandy Metz Endowment
- Sarah Heintzelman Stoicheff Scholarship
- Chapman Family Scholarship
- GLH Community Scholarship
Students will receive an email in the fall containing application information for each.
Uniform fittings will take place on orientation day. You’ll also be able to place your uniform order at that time; however, payment in full is required.
Orientation will take place at:
Geisinger Lewistown Hospital School of Nursing
Sandy Lane Building
2nd floor suite 206
Lewistown, PA 17044
Students will receive this information by email before classes begin in August.
Forms and handbooks
Request for transcripts form for Geisinger Lewistown Hospital campus only (2007 to 2018). Graduates from 2019 and later must log into Empower to request and purchase a transcript.
Geisinger Danville campus graduates, contact Geisinger Danville’s Education Department at 570-271-5815 for school transcripts or verification of graduation.
- Student services policies
- B1 Admission Requirements
- B2 Acceptance Into Program
- B3 Pre-entrance Medical Screening
- B4 Readmission
- B5 Advance Placement for LPNs
- B6 Withdrawal from Course Policy
- B6a Withdrawal from Program
- B7 Transfer Criteria
- B9 Graduation Requirements
- B10 Curriculum Progression
- B11 Financial Aid
- B13 Student Change of Status
- B14 Course Registration
- B15 Student Discipline
- B17 Student Leave of Absence
- B18 Course Audit
- B19 Grading and Evaluation
- B20 Academic Probation
- B21 Clinical Make-up
- B22 Student Evaluation of Theory and Clinical Observations
- B23 ATI Policy
- B24 Sexual Harassment
- B25 Academic Integrity
- B26 Confidentiality
- B27 Impaired Student
- B28 Student Attendance-Absence