Terms and conditions
Financial aid award terms and conditions for the 2023-24 academic year
In accepting any financial aid award, the student accepts and agrees to the terms and conditions below:
- Student will submit a completed FAFSA (with spousal, if applicable and parental information) to the financial aid office each year.
- Student understands that the financial assistance listed on the award letter is only for the time stated on the award letter and may only be used for expenses related to enrollment at Geisinger School of Nursing (GSON). Student also understands that all scholarship and loan funds must be applied to outstanding educational expenses at GSON before any refund can be made to the student for other educational expenses.
- The student must be a U.S. citizen (or permanent Resident Visa status) to receive the awards.
- The student must be in good academic standing and be making satisfactory academic progress toward a degree as outlined in the financial aid guidebook and on the school website. Also, the student must meet all other specific requirements for GSON scholarships or outside scholarships.
- The student must not be in default on any loan or owe a refund on any grant made under Title IV by any institution.
- As a condition of receiving financial assistance, student agrees to report to the financial aid office, in writing, any information which modifies financial need as soon as they have such knowledge. Such information includes a change in personal or family income, change in marital status, receipt of financial aid from an outside source, change in enrollment status, etc. Failure to notify the financial aid office of any of the above changes may jeopardize the student’s eligibility for continued assistance or necessitate repayment of all or part of an award.
- The financial aid office reserves the right to revise or adjust award(s) based on changed application information, changes in financial aid received (such as a scholarship) and/or based on any processing errors which may have occurred.
Disclaimer: The Lewistown School of Nursing Diploma Program is in the process of merging into an Associate’s Degree of Nursing Program and federal funding is pending approval by the Department of Education until the merger is complete.
Content from General Links with modal content