Health Sciences Library
Geisinger’s Health Sciences Library provides services and collections to help you with assignments, patient care and research and study. Through the library, you can:
- Check contraindications before administering a drug
- Look for evidence of best practices for quality improvement
- View a demonstration of administering a subcutaneous medication
- 24/7 access to electronic resources from anywhere using your Geisinger account
- Orientation to library services and resources on demand
- Help finding articles, books and other information for assignments
- Document delivery and interlibrary loan services to obtain articles and books not in the library’s collections
- Key nursing reference books and journals available online
- Log in with your Geisinger account. Students must not share their account information with non-Geisinger users. All online content is for individual use only.
- Clinical point-of-care and drug information tools
- CINAHL, PubMed and other research databases
- Video and other media for studying clinical skills and basic sciences
How to access the library
Log in with your Geisinger account at geisinger.ovidds.com.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 570-271-6463.
Disclaimer: The Lewistown School of Nursing Diploma Program is in the process of merging into an Associate’s Degree of Nursing Program and federal funding is pending approval by the Department of Education until the merger is complete.