Center for Student Life and Wellness
The Center for Student Life and Wellness offers programs to support students’ holistic well-being across eight areas:
Current students can learn more by using the links below, which lead to the Center for Student Life and Wellness SharePoint site. Log in is required.
Wellness areas and resources
Physical wellness is achieved through:
- Physical activity
- Mental health services through Student Health Services
- Referrals to community providers on an as-needed basis
- Scheduled and on-demand access to telehealth and teletherapy through TimelyCare
Learn more about physical and mental health resources in the Student Bulletin.
Emotional wellness focuses on understanding feelings, gaining coping skills and creating satisfying relationships. Resources include:
- Formal counseling services offered through Student Health Services (SHS), TimelyCare or community providers
- Virtual, on-demand meditations through TimelyCare
- The CARE Team, a group of faculty and staff who provide support and referral services for any student experiencing stress. Anyone can place a CARE Team referral through the form. The team helps identify, assess and mitigate risks associated with concerning behaviors or thoughts. Students can access additional information about the CARE Team (log in required).
Access emotional wellness resources
Access social wellness resources
Spiritual wellness focuses on expanding our sense of purpose and meaning in life. Our resources include:
- A chapel and prayer room at Geisinger Lewistown Hospital
- A calendar of religious events and holidays, which is available to current students
Access spiritual wellness resources
Intellectual wellness focuses on recognizing our abilities and expanding our knowledge and skills. Resources include:
- Faculty support
- The Center for Learning Excellence, which provides accessibility support services for all students
- Health Sciences Library, which offers robust services to support research
Access intellectual wellness resources
Occupational wellness is the personal satisfaction gained from work. It’s supported by the Office of Student Affairs, which provides coaching on:
- Goal setting and self-reflection
- Interpersonal communication
- Development of competitive resumes and cover letters
- Participation in mock interviews
Environmental wellness refers to how surroundings support well-being.
Access environmental wellness resources
The Office of Financial Aid supports students with financial planning and debt management.
Access financial wellness resources