If you have a medical emergency, call 911 immediately. If you need immediate help or guidance concerning opioid abuse, call the Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) hotline at 800-662-HELP (4357).
See below for other helpful resources.
- PA.gov – The Opioid Epidemic
- ASAM – American Society of Addiction Medicine
- Pennsylvania Department of Drug and Alcohol Programs
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA)
- PAMED – Pennsylvania Medical Society
- Narcotics Anonymous
- Nar-Anon Family Groups
- National Institute on Drug Abuse
Treatment programs and guides*
Drug and substance abuse is a complex, chronic disease, but with the appropriate treatment plan addictions can be managed successfully. Visit Geisinger’s Addiction Medicine webpage to access key information and tools for treatment options:
- Information about Geisinger Marworth Alcohol & Chemical Dependency Treatment Center
- The capability to make an appointment with your provider
- The capability to search for an addiction medicine provider near you
Geisinger Marworth – Alcohol & Chemical Dependency Treatment Center
Geisinger Bloomsburg Hospital, 549 Fair St., Bloomsburg, PA 17815
Phone: 570-387-2055 Fax: 570-387-2056
Geisinger South Wilkes-Barre, 25 Church St., Wilkes-Barre, PA 18702
Phone: 570-808-3700 Fax: 570-808-3701
Geisinger Williamsport, 425 Market Street, Suite 1, Williamsport, PA 17702
American Society of Addiction Medicine’s Opioid Addiction Treatment Guide
This 13-page treatment guide includes information about treatment plans, counseling, medications available to treat opioid abuse and more. It also provides links to find support groups for substance and drug abuse users and families. You can view the complete guide here.