- 1 15-ounce can small white beans, rinsed
- 4 large portabella mushroom caps, gills removed
- 4 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 small bell peppers, chopped
- 1 small red onion, sliced
- 1 medium zucchini, chopped
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- ¼ cup chopped fresh dill
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ tsp. salt
- ½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
- 1 cup shredded swiss cheese
- Preheat skillet to medium-high and add 3 tbsp oil.
- Place mushroom caps in pan, gill-side up, cook for 5 minutes, then flip and cook for 3 additional minutes.
- Remove mushrooms from pan and place gill-side up on plate. Sprinkle each with 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
- Add lemon juice and garlic to warm skillet.
- Add peppers, zucchini and red onion to sauté until they soften.
- Stir in white beans.
- Season with salt, pepper and dill. Mix to combine.
- Top mushrooms with the vegetable mixture.