Veggie shells packed with protein, fiber
- 4 medium zucchini
- 1 pound ground turkey breast
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, chopped
- 1-1/2 cups tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup bulgur wheat
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup salsa
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Cut each zucchini lengthwise in half. Scoop out pulp, leaving a 1/4-in. shell; chop pulp.
- In a large skillet, cook turkey, onion and red pepper over medium heat 6-8 minutes or until meat is no longer pink, breaking into crumbles; drain.
- Stir in tomato sauce, bulgur, pepper and zucchini pulp.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; simmer uncovered, 12-15 minutes or until bulgur is tender.
- Stir in salsa.
- Spoon into zucchini shells.
- Place in a 13x9-in. baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Bake, covered, 20 minutes.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake, uncovered, 10-15 minutes longer or until zucchini is tender and filling is heated through.