A classic Greek dish goes guilt-free
- 1 medium cucumber, peeled and diced
- 2/3 cup reduced-fat sour cream
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tsp dill
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 1/2 pound turkey breast tenderloin, cut into 1/4-inch-thick strips
- 1-1/2 tsp salt-free Greek seasoning
- 1-1/2 cups shredded lettuce
- 2 tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 4 whole pita breads, warmed
- 2 tablespoons crumbled feta cheese
- Finely chop a third of the cucumber.
- For sauce, mix sour cream, onion, dill, lemon juice and chopped cucumber
- Thinly slice remaining cucumber
- In a nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat
- Sauté turkey until no longer pink (4-6 minutes)
- Stir in Greek seasoning.
- Serve turkey, lettuce, tomato and sliced cucumber on pitas; top with sauce and cheese.