Lentils: The little legume that's a big superfood
Don't let their little size fool you - lentils are a nutritional powerhouse. They're high in fiber, lean protein and folate, and offer a good source of important minerals like iron, zinc, potassium and calcium.
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 1⅓ cups cooked lentils
- 1 carrot, diced
- 2 tbsp chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tbsp sherry vinegar or red-wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp finely chopped shallot
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- ½ tsp paprika, preferably smoked
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground pepper
- Whisk oil, vinegar, shallot, mustard, paprika, salt and pepper in a large bowl.
- Add rice, lentils, carrot and parsley; stir to combine.
- You can cover and refrigerate for up to three days.