Low in fat and high in protein, chicken is packed with essential nutrients
- Cooking spray
- 2 tbsp red wine vinegar
- 2 1/2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1/4 tsp black pepper
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 cup cucumber, chopped
- 10 black olives, chopped
- 4 cups shredded lettuce
- Whole-wheat pitas or pita chips
- 8 ounces cooked chicken breast, shredded (about 2 cups)
- 3 ounces part-skim mozzarella cheese, shredded (about 3/4 cup)
- 2 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (about 1/2 cup)
- 2 tbsp coarsely chopped fresh oregano
To make pita chips:
- Split pitas into two rounds.
- Coat cut sides of pitas with cooking spray.
- Cut each pita half into 8 wedges.
- Arrange half of wedges, cut side up, on a baking sheet lined with foil.
- Bake at 400 for 8 minutes or until browned; remove from pan. Repeat procedure with remaining wedges.
- Cool 10 minutes.
- Combine oil, vinegar, and pepper in a medium bowl, stirring with a whisk.
- Add lettuce, tomatoes, cucumber, and olives; toss to coat.
- Arrange all pita chips on foil-lined baking sheet so they overlap. Top with chicken, mozzarella, and feta. Bake at 400°F for 3 minutes or until cheese melts. Top with lettuce mixture and oregano.