Here's what you need to know to determine your eligibility.
If you’ve been wondering whether you’re qualified for Medicare, here are the qualifications you need to meet:
- Be age 65 or older
- Be a legal resident living in the U.S. for at least 5 consecutive years
- If under 65, you can qualify if:
- You've been collecting Social Security disability for 24 consecutive months (your eligibility begins the first day of the 25th month)
- You have end-stage renal disease (permanent kidney failure requiring dialysis or transplant), or
- You have ALS (amyotrophic lateral sclerosis) also known as Lou Gehrig's disease
There are many scenarios that could affect your Medicare eligibility. Click on the scenario that fits you best to learn more.
- You are turning 65 and retiring
- You are working past 65
- You are looking to change Medicare plans after enrollment
- You have a qualifying event for insurance, also known as a Special Enrollment Period, or SEP
Are you asking yourself “When am I eligible for Medicare?” If so, use our timeline tool to help you get started.
Geisinger Gold Medicare Advantage HMO, PPO, and HMO SNP plans are offered by Geisinger Health Plan/Geisinger Indemnity Insurance Company, health plans with a Medicare contract. Continued enrollment in Geisinger Gold depends on annual contract renewal.
Y0032_23269_1_M Accepted 10/1/23