Craving a quick treat? This single-serve brownie recipe is sure to satisfy that sweet tooth.
Sometimes you crave a brownie but don’t want to go to the trouble of making a full batch. That’s where microwave brownies come into play.
Whether you’re looking for an easy and quick dessert option after dinner or a sweet afternoon snack, all you need are a few staple ingredients and a microwave to whip up this microwave brownie.
Irish cream brownie for one
Makes 1 brownie, single serving
- 2 tablespoons dark chocolate chips/chopped pieces
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1½ tablespoons 2% milk (can also use other types of milk or even try Irish cream liqueur, such as Bailey’s, or coffee liqueur like Kahlua)
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- ¼ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- Small pinch of salt
- Add all ingredients into a medium or large microwave-safe mug or ramekin.
- Stir until blended into a thick batter.
- Place the mug in the microwave and cook for 60 seconds. (Cook time may vary depending on your microwave wattage, so it may need up to 30 additional seconds if the middle still looks very soft.)
- Let cool for a couple of minutes before enjoying.
Adapted from Like Mother, Like Daughter
Nutrition information per serving: Calories 467, fat 24.2 g, saturated fat 7 g, protein 4.9 g, carbohydrate 60.7 g, sodium 259 mg, potassium 328 mg, phosphorus 137 mg