A healthy twist on apple crisp, featuring a bonus fruit ingredient.
Looking to make the most of seasonal fall fruits? Maybe you want to bring some of the flavors of autumn to the table any time of year. This crisp recipe makes 4 servings and is perfect year-round.
- ¼ cup uncooked rolled oats
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons trans-fat-free tub margarine, chilled in freezer for 15 minutes
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened applesauce
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 tablespoon Stevia sugar blend
- 1 large pear, peeled and diced
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- ½ teaspoon Stevia sweetener
- Pinch of ground ginger, ground cloves and ground cardamom
- 1 large apple, peeled and diced
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- In a medium bowl, stir together the crisp ingredients. Spoon ½ cup of the apple-pear mixture into four 6-ounce ovenproof glass custard cups or porcelain ramekins.
- In a small bowl, stir together the topping ingredients until well blended. Sprinkle the topping over the fruit mixture in each cup.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the fruit mixture is bubbly and the topping is golden brown.
Sourced from the American Heart Association.
Looking for more? Explore our dietitian-approved recipes