- 10 ounces whole wheat linguini
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 yellow onion, sliced thinly
- 6 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 12 ounces cherry tomatoes
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- ½ cup white wine (may substitute stock or water)
- 1 15-ounce can reduced-sodium cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Basil and Parmesan cheese for serving
- Boil pasta according to instructions on package.
- While pasta is cooking, cut vegetables.
- Strain pasta, add 1 teaspoon olive oil to keep it from sticking, and set aside.
- Add the remaining oil and onions to the pot and cook for 5 to 7 minutes.
- Once the onion is slightly browned, add the garlic, bell pepper, tomatoes, pepper flakes, salt and pepper. Cook until the vegetables are tender, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and add the wine and beans. Return to heat and reduce by half.
- Add cooked pasta and stir to combine.
- Serve topped with basil and Parmesan cheese, 1½ cups per plate.
Makes 5 servings, 490 calories each.
Adapted from culinarymedicine.org.
The wellness you need, in a style you’ll love — delivered.
Sign up to have PA Health sent to your mailbox or inbox 4 times a year, for free.
Content from General Links with modal content