Recipe: Mediterranean orzo salad
Enjoy this zesty twist on a traditional Greek salad.
With each bite of this cool, crunchy salad, you’ll be whisked away to a Mediterranean paradise. Add it to the menu for your next lunch or dinner gathering.
- 1½ cup orzo pasta
- 1 pint grape or cherry tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 green onions, trimmed and chopped
- ½ green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup chopped fresh parsley
- ½ cup chopped fresh dill
- ¼ cup sliced, pitted kalamata olives
- 2 tablespoons capers, drained
- Feta cheese, to your liking
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- Cook the orzo according to package instructions. Drain and cool briefly.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the grape tomatoes, green onions, bell pepper, parsley, dill, olives and capers. Add the orzo.
- Make the dressing. In a small bowl, combine the lemon juice, lemon zest, extra virgin olive oil, garlic, oregano and a good pinch of kosher salt and black pepper. Whisk to combine.
- Pour the dressing over the salad and toss until well combined.
- Top with feta. Cover and refrigerate up to an hour before serving.
Looking for more? Explore our dietitian-approved recipes