This tasty, low fuss chicken dish makes an easy weeknight meal.
If you’re in a dinner rut, this slow cooker chicken teriyaki can help you change things up. The best part? You set it and forget it.
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts, all visible fat discarded, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 2 20-ounce cans pineapple chunks in their own juice, undrained
- 2 cups baby carrots
- 2 medium red and/or green peppers, chopped
- 1 medium red onion, chopped
- ½ cup low-sodium soy sauce
- ¼ cup plain rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 medium garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1-inch piece grated peeled gingerroot
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- Brown rice (Don’t include in bags. Cook separately as directed on the package.)
- In a large bowl, stir together all the ingredients (except brown rice).
- Divide the mixture between two 1-gallon resealable plastic freezer bags and place one or both flat in the freezer.
- When ready to cook, thaw if needed.
- Pour contents of the bag into a slow cooker and cook, covered and on low for six to eight hours until chicken is no longer pink in the center and vegetables are tender.
- Serve over brown rice
Makes two four-serving bags. Use one now and freeze one for later or freeze both.
Looking for more? Explore our dietitian-approved recipes