Recipe: Avocado breakfast bruschetta
Healthy avocados meet classic bruschetta in this delicious start to the day.
If you’re looking to add a little pizazz to your breakfast, look no further than this avocado breakfast bruschetta. But be warned: you may never look at avocado toast the same way again.
- ½ ripe avocado
- 1 medium tomato
- ½ green onion
- ¼ cup chopped fresh basil (plus 1 tbsp for garnish)
- 2 hard-boiled eggs
- 6 slices whole-wheat baguette
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat ricotta
- Cracked black pepper to taste
- Dice avocado, tomato, and green onion, then peel and chop hard-boiled eggs.
- Reserving one tablespoon basil for garnish, gently combine the first five ingredients. Add pepper to taste.
- Toast baguette slices and smear with ricotta.
- Top with avocado mix and garnish with chopped basil.
Nutrition information per serving: 340 calories, 17g fat, 90mg cholesterol, 434 mg sodium, 32g carbohydrates, 17g protein and 6g total sugars
Looking for more? Explore our dietitian-approved recipes