Honeydew melon is a refreshing treat on a hot summer day and a low-calorie choice packed with iron, B vitamins, and Vitamin C. Try this recipe for honeydew summer salad wedges, perfect for pool parties and backyard barbeques.
- 1 honeydew melon
- 1 package of gelatin, lemon flavored (3 oz.)
- ½ cup water (boiling)
- ½ cup water (iced)
- Iced cubes
- 1 cup whole strawberries (hulled)
- Cut melon in half, scoop out seeds.
- Pat the inside of the melon dry using paper towels.
- Dissolve gelatin in boiling water.
- Combine ice water and ice cubes to make one cup.
- Add to gelatin and stir until slightly thickened.
- Remove any un-melted ice.
- Place each melon half in a small bowl to hold straight and firm.
- Place half of strawberries in each melon half.
- Pour gelatin mixture over berries.
- Cover with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 3 hours.
- To serve, cut into wedges
Serving size: 1/8 of recipe
Per serving: 110 calories; 0g total fat; 0mg cholesterol; 95mg sodium; 26g total carbohydrates; 2g fiber; 24g sugar; 0g added sugar; 2g protein.