What we’re doing for our members:
• Co-pays for testing: We will waive co-pays for all COVID-19 testing at an approved laboratory location for all our members who meet the CDC guidelines for testing. Self-insured/TPA groups can opt-out of this program.
• Prescription refills: We are relaxing refill quantity and frequency restrictions to offer 90-day maintenance medication prescriptions and allowing members to refill their prescriptions early. This will apply for controlled substances but will not apply for prescriptions that contain opioids outside of certain conditions.
• Prior authorization: Prior authorization will not be a barrier for any COVID-19 related testing or treatment.
• Home prescription delivery: We are relaxing restrictions on home prescription delivery. We’re also encouraging eligible members to use our mail-order pharmacy.
• Telehealth: Through June 15, all GHP members can use Teladoc telehealth services without any cost sharing.
• Behavioral health: Although social distancing is vital during the pandemic, isolation can create increased anxiety and stress. Our behavioral health providers have also increased their options for telehealth services. To learn more about the resources and services available, call 888-839-7972 to speak with GHP’s Care Connector team.
We will continue to evaluate the need for additional actions.
If you have any questions or concerns about COVID-19, please visit the CDC website at www.cdc.gov/coronavirus for current news, testing information and prevention guidelines.
For questions about your coverage, please call the customer service phone number on the back of your membership card.
For more information about Geisinger’s response to the Coronavirus, please visit Geisinger.org/coronavirus.
Please note: GHP has received information from the U.S. Office of Inspector General that members should be on the watch for fraud schemes and scams related to the pandemic. Criminals are using the pandemic to gather personal information in exchange for alleged services, which can lead to identify theft. The OIG recommends:
• Being cautious of unsolicited requests for personal or insurance information
• Being suspicious of any unexpected calls or visitors offering COVID-19 tests or supplies
• Ignoring offers or advertisements for COVID-19 testing or treatments on social media sites
• Using only trusted healthcare providers
Geisinger Health Plan will not request this type of information over the phone. If you suspect any fraudulent activity, you may contact:
• National Center for Disaster Fraud Hotline: (866) 720-5721 or firstname.lastname@example.org
• GHP Customer Care at the phone number on your member ID card
• GHP Fraud and Abuse Department at email@example.com
• GHP Compliance Department at 800-292-1627
For media inquiries:
Geisinger Health Plan