Application & selection process
Candidates who will earn a graduate degree in health care administration, business administration, public health or similar graduate programs prior to July 1, 2021 will be considered. Previous experience in a health care setting, including completion of a summer administrative internship, is desirable but not required. Applicants do not have to graduate from an accredited university to be considered for this position. We do not sponsor work visas.
- Central market
- Geisinger Clinic
- Steele Institute for Health Innovation
1. Visit this page and register to apply. The application will open on June 15, 2020.
- Current resume or CV
- Graduate transcripts of coursework to-date (official or unofficial)
- A brief statement on professional development objectives and career goals (1 page, single spaced)
- Essay (one page, single spaced) - Describe the impact of COVID-19 on an integrated health system's goal of managing the total health of its members and patients?
- Three letters of recommendation (from individuals who can knowledgeably evaluate work performance, leadership capabilities and academic experience)
The selection timeline for the 2021 fellowship consists of the following phases:
- Application deadline: Sept. 15, 2020
- Review of applications by mid-September 2020
- On-site interviews are site-specific and conducted: TBD
- Final decision/offers extended by Oct. 9, 2020
- Employment begins: July 2021
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Geisinger’s Administrative Fellowship, we encourage students to participate in an informational webinar on one of the following dates:
- Wednesday, Aug. 5, 1 – 2 p.m. EST
- Thursday, Aug. 13, 4 – 5 p.m. EST
- Friday, Aug. 21, 8 – 9 a.m. EST
To register, visit geisingeradminfellowship.eventbrite.com.
* Because there will be a PowerPoint presentation associated with the call, participants are encouraged to join online, if possible. To join online, participants will need to either download the “Skype for Business Web App” plug-in if they are joining from a computer or the “Skype for Business” app if joining from a phone or tablet. The “Join online” link above will direct participants to the appropriate download. Please allow for a few extra minutes prior to the call to ensure the appropriate plug-in is in place.