Application & selection process
Candidates who will earn a graduate degree in healthcare administration, business administration, public health or similar graduate programs prior to July 1, 2023 will be considered. Previous experience in a healthcare setting, including completion of a summer administrative internship, is desirable but not required. Applicants do not have to graduate from an accredited university to be considered for this position. We do not sponsor work visas.
- Hospital Operations Central Region Track
- Geisinger Health Plan Track
- Clinical Operations Track
Visit this page and register to apply. The application opened on July 1, 2022.
- Current resume or CV
- Graduate transcripts of coursework to-date (official or unofficial)
- A brief statement on professional development objectives and career goals (one page, single-spaced)
- 500-word essay (choose one):
- What are the top three key questions that integrated healthcare systems should be asking over the next five years and why?
- Administrative fellows have the opportunity to develop new ideas and bring them forward across the organization. Tell us about a time you took a new or unpopular stand on an idea and brought it to fruition.
- Geisinger is highly focused on excellence, with a vision of "making better health easier." In what ways is an integrated system uniquely positioned to realize this vision? Where can Geisinger focus next on “making better health easier?”
- Three letters of recommendation (from individuals who can knowledgeably evaluate work performance, leadership capabilities and academic experience)
The selection timeline for the 2022 fellowship consists of the following phases:
- Application deadline: Sept. 18
- On-site interviews conducted: Oct. 4-6
- Offers extended: Oct. 7-10
- Employment begins: July 2023
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Geisinger’s Administrative Fellowship, we encourage students to participate in an informational webinar on one of the following dates:
- Tuesday, Sept. 6, 6 – 7 p.m.
* Because there will be a PowerPoint presentation associated with the call, participants are encouraged to join online, if possible. To join online, participants will need to either download the Microsoft Teams plug-in if they are joining from a computer or the Microsoft Teams app if joining from a phone or tablet. Please allow for a few extra minutes prior to the call to ensure the appropriate access is in place.