Application & selection process
Candidates who will earn a graduate degree in healthcare administration, business administration, public health or similar graduate programs prior to July 1, 2022 will be considered. Previous experience in a healthcare setting, including completion of a summer administrative internship, is desirable but not required. Applicants do not have to graduate from an accredited university to be considered for this position. We do not sponsor work visas.
- Central Region Hospital-based Fellowship Track
- Geisinger Clinic and Health Plan Fellowship Track
- Steele Institute for Health Innovation Fellowship Track
- Western Region Hospital-based Fellowship Track
1. Visit this page and register to apply. The application will open on Monday, June 14, 2021.
- Current resume or CV
- Graduate transcripts of coursework to-date (official or unofficial)
- A brief statement on professional development objectives and career goals (one page, single-spaced)
- Essay (one page, single-spaced) for each fellowship track you apply to:
- Central Region Hospital-Based Fellowship Track: In your opinion, what are the main priorities of hospitals like Geisinger Medical Center today? In what ways do these differ (or not differ) from pre-pandemic healthcare
- Geisinger Clinic and Health Plan Fellowship Track: Discuss the unique strategic advantages for a health plan to partner with a clinical enterprise.
- Steele Institute for Health Innovation Fellowship Track: If you were a leader in Geisinger's Steele Institute for Health Innovation, describe a meaningful innovation you would propose and why.
- Western Region Hospital-Based Fellowship Track: The pandemic has wreaked havoc on community hospitals and front-line staff. Geisinger has had to close clinics and cancel surgeries in order to reassign staff to other parts of the hospital. How would you, as an administrator, keep reassigned staff engaged and in high spirits during challenging times when they are tried, overworked and burnt out?
- Three letters of recommendation (from individuals who can knowledgeably evaluate work performance, leadership capabilities and academic experience)
The selection timeline for the 2022 fellowship consists of the following phases:
- Applications open: Monday, June 14, 2021
- Application deadline: Tuesday, Sept. 14, 2021
- Review of applications: By mid-September 2021
- On-site interviews are site-specific and conducted: TBD (most likely Sept 27 - Oct. 1, 2021)
- Final decision/offers extended by: Friday, Oct. 8, 2021
- Employment begins: July 2022
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Geisinger’s Administrative Fellowship, we encourage students to participate in an informational webinar on one of the following dates:
* Because there will be a PowerPoint presentation associated with the call, participants are encouraged to join online, if possible. To join online, participants will need to either download the “Skype for Business Web App” plug-in if they are joining from a computer or the “Skype for Business” app if joining from a phone or tablet. The “Join online” link above will direct participants to the appropriate download. Please allow for a few extra minutes prior to the call to ensure the appropriate plug-in is in place.