Application & selection process
Candidates who will earn a graduate degree in healthcare administration, business administration, public health or similar graduate programs prior to July 1, 2024, will be considered. Applicants who require a comprehensive fellowship program to fulfill their master’s degree requirement will be considered. Previous experience in a healthcare setting, including completion of a summer administrative internship, is desirable but not required. Applicants do not have to graduate from an accredited university to be considered for this position. We do not sponsor work visas.
- Hospital Operations – Central Region Track
- Hospital Operations – Western Region Track
- Hospital Operations – Northeast Region Track
- Health Plan Finance and Operations Track
- Clinical Operations Track
- Innovation and Research Track
Visit the registration page to apply. The application process opens on July 1, 2023.
- Current resume or CV
- Graduate transcripts of coursework to-date (official or unofficial)
- A brief statement on professional development objectives and career goals (one page, single-spaced)
- 500-word essay (choose one):
- Given Geisinger’s intent to join Risant Health, what does value-based care mean to you? Describe three areas that Geisinger can aim to elevate under this healthcare delivery model.
- Reflect on a time when you questioned or challenged a belief or idea. What led your thinking? What was the outcome?
- Describe what you think are the necessary skills and competencies that healthcare leaders will need to effectively navigate and overcome challenges in the industry. Explain why you believe these skills are necessary; you may provide examples such as current trends, case studies and best practices.
- Three letters of recommendation (from people who can knowledgeably evaluate your work performance, leadership capabilities and academic experience)
- Note: Recommenders will be required to upload letters themselves, not through the applicant.
Selection timeline for the 2024 fellowship:
- Application open: July 1
- Application deadline: Sept. 10
- On-site interviews conducted: Oct. 4 – 5
- Offers extended: Oct. 6 – 13
- Employment begins: July 2024
Direct questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information about Geisinger’s Administrative Fellowship, join an informational webinar on one of the following dates:
- Monday, July 10, 5 – 6 p.m. EST
- Wednesday, Aug. 2, Noon – 1 p.m. EST
- Thursday, Aug. 31, 10 – 11 a.m. EST
* The webinar includes a PowerPoint presentation, so you’re encouraged to join online. You’ll need to download the Microsoft Teams plug-in if you’re joining from a computer or the Teams app if joining from a phone or tablet. We recommend joining a few minutes early to make sure the appropriate access is in place.