- Application fee: $60
- Books & supplies: $200
- Tuition: $100 due upon program acceptance, $7,500
- Housing: Variable, apartments in surrounding towns are at least $300/month with roommate
- Meals (other than lunch): Variable
- Transportation: Car needed for driving to Geisinger supervised practice sites
- Healthcare: Variable
- Academy fees (two-year student membership, transfer to active category, and registration exam fee): $390
- Registration fees for professional meetings (approximate cost): $60
- Immunizations (approximate cost): $50
- Lab coats, non-skid shoes (for Foodservices rotations): $120
Dietetic interns are covered by Geisinger's liability policy for professional malpractice, personal property damage and travel with a Geisinger vehicle to and from affiliation sites. This policy provides up to $1.2 million per case and $3 million per annual aggregate. Interns are welcome to obtain additional coverage at their own expense; the Academy of Nutrition and Dietetics offers a student rate for liability insurance.
Expenses are only estimates and are subject to change.