In order to be considered a candidate, applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Possess a high school diploma or equivalent
- College degree - Candidate must be able to meet one of the following criteria:
- Possess an AAS or higher degree
- Be enrolled in a medial imaging program that grants a degree upon completion of Geisinger's program
- Able to document earning a college degree within one semester of completing Geisinger's program
- Candidates must possess passing grades (C or better) for regionally accredited college or university anatomy & physiology I & II courses (with associated lab sessions). Selection preference is given to candidates who have completed both courses as of the interview process.
- A regionally accredited college or university medical terminology course with a letter grade of C or better, or a Pass
- A regionally accredited college or university algebra-based general physics course with a letter grade of C or better
- College-level math, or demonstrated equivalent, within five years of the application
- Satisfy admission requirements
- Satisfy academic prerequisites
- Enrollment fee: $150 (non-refundable)
- Pass a health assessment which includes a drug screening (administered by Geisinger's Employee Health Department)
- Submit a Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance
- Submit a Federal Criminal History Record (FCHR) check
- Not a user of tobacco products
- Completed all academic courses with a letter grade of C or better.
- Earned no more that three (3) initial letter grades of D and/or F.
- Possess a cumulative grade point (GPA) of 2.5 or better.
- Satisfied all clinical competency requirements.
- Completed all clinical assignments or met early release requirements (Policy 104).
- Made up all school time.
- Have a clinical education average of 85%.
- Have no financial obligations to the Geisinger Health System.
- Medical Library costs
- Lost film badge fee
- Lost scrub set fee
- Exception: Financial incentive for post-graduation GHS employment obligation.