Neurology and neurosurgery
At Geisinger, our board-certified neurologists and neurosurgeons take a team approach to developing the most effective treatment plan for each of our patients.
Many of our programs include highly skilled professionals from other departments (disciplines), such as neuroradiology, physical medicine and rehabilitation, sleep medicine, pain management, orthopaedics, neuropsychology, ophthalmology, oncology and radiation therapy to ensure a truly multidisciplinary approach.
Our specialists offer inpatient and outpatient neurological care for adults and children as well as diagnostic testing and second opinions for complex cases.
What you should know about neurology and neurosurgery
- Neurological conditions can impair learning or mental function, affect balance and mobility, change a patient's personality or cause debilitating, long-term pain.
- An accurate diagnosis is critical to getting the right treatment. Using the latest imaging technology and years of experience, our neurologists diagnose the most complex neurological conditions.
Why choose Geisinger for your neurology and neurosurgery?
- We are at the forefront of diagnosing and treating the most complex brain, spinal and nerve tumors. Geisinger's Brain & Spine Tumor Institute is one of the most comprehensive treatment programs in the country.
- The Geisinger Epilepsy Center offers the most advanced diagnostic and treatment services in the region and is recognized by the National Association of Epilepsy Centers for providing the highest level of epilepsy care.
- We provide comprehensive care for patients with cerebrovascular diseases across the spectrum of care, including the out-patient clinic, stroke certified in-patient care, neurocrital care, endovascular stroke rescue interventions and certified rehabilitation care.
- Our aging brain program is staffed by two behavioral neurologists who have completed advanced training (fellowships) along with other team members from neuropsychology and speech and language pathology to provide multidisciplinary care for patients with memory loss and dementia.
- Our neuromuscular clinics work with the Muscular Dystrophy Association and Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis Association to provide multidisciplinary care for these disorders close to home.
- Committed to advancing neuroscience, we conduct clinical trials that can provide our patients with access to treatment options not yet available to the general public.
Neurology and neurosurgery conditions and treatments
Neurological conditions are challenging and require the most advanced care. Our specialists use advanced technology and the latest procedures to treat a wide range of disorders, including: