Preventive and restorative dentistry
Preventive dentistry includes regular dental care, such as cleanings and X-rays, to prevent tooth decay, tooth loss and gum disease. Good dental care is important for the overall health of children and adults.
Restorative dentistry also helps maintain a healthy smile by replacing lost teeth or restoring teeth that have been damaged or decayed. Restorative procedures include fillings, bridges, dental implants, dentures and crowns.
What you should know about preventive and restorative dentistry
- In addition to regular cleanings and X-rays, preventive procedures may include fluoride and sealant treatments to avoid decay, and techniques to strengthen cracked or weakened teeth.
- Complete or partial dentures help with chewing food and, in many cases, can improve speech or a sagging face. When dentures no longer fit properly they need to be replaced.
Why choose Geisinger for your preventive and restorative dentistry care?
- Our dental hygiene team provides all the services necessary to keep teeth clean and gums healthy, including regular cleanings, X-rays, sealants and fluoride treatments.
- Our team also offers a full range of restorative options, including:
- Full or partial dentures
- Dental implants
- If dentures no longer fit properly or need repairs, we make every effort to provide same-day service.
Treats these conditions
Preventive and restorative dentistry is important for children and adults to maintain overall health. That’s why we provide advanced care in a comfortable environment for the following conditions:
- Cavities and tooth decay
- Gum disease such as gingivitis and periodontitis
- Damaged or missing teeth