General dermatology services
General dermatology includes treating skin, hair and nails. Dermatologists treat more than 3,000 different kinds of skin conditions, ranging from acne and eczema to skin cancer.
What you should know about general dermatology
- Don’t wait too long before seeking care. Most dermatological conditions are easiest to treat when diagnosed and treated early.
- Dermatology treatments may include topical and oral medications, as well as surgical options.
Why choose Geisinger for your general dermatology care?
- Our dermatologists are experienced in treating all forms of skin diseases and inflammatory disorders, with an emphasis on treatment, education and prevention.
- We aim for the long-term effectiveness and avoiding recurrence of any dermatological conditions.
Treats these conditions
General dermatology effectively evaluates, diagnoses and treats a broad spectrum of conditions, including:
- Atypical moles
- Birthmarks and scars
- Eczema, skin rashes and hives
- Hyperhidrosis, or excessive sweating
- Rosacea, or skin redness
- Skin cancer
- Sunspots and sun-damaged skin