Leukemia and lymphoma
Leukemia and lymphoma are blood cancers that affect the way your body produces and uses blood. Geisinger offers a level of care unmatched in the region. Our doctors meet strict national guidelines for safe, effective care, including life-saving bone marrow transplants.
- Cancer causes abnormal cells to grow out of control. Over time, they outnumber normal cells and interfere with their functioning.
- When leukemia and lymphoma are caught early, treatment slows disease progression and may offer a cure.
What you should know about leukemia and lymphoma
- Leukemia is passed on in families. If a member of your family has leukemia, you face a higher risk of developing it.
- If you have regular exposure to chemicals, like pesticides, you may face a higher risk of getting leukemia or lymphoma.
Why choose Geisinger for your leukemia and lymphoma care?
- New treatments: Geisinger is a leader in cancer research. Our interests include exploring new combinations of medications for Hodgkin lymphoma and other blood cancers. Clinical trials at Geisinger give you access to new treatments that are not widely available. Learn more about cancer clinical trials.
- Bone marrow transplant: Replacing your marrow with healthy donor marrow may help if other treatments aren’t working. Donor marrow that closely matches the chemical makeup of your own gives you the best chance. If we cannot find a related donor who is a close-enough match, you still have options. Learn more about our bone marrow transplant program.
- Support: We understand how difficult living with cancer can be and we are here to help. Our services include support groups offering encouragement and practical tips for overcoming challenges related to your care. We also help you relieve stress during treatment with bedside reiki. Read more about cancer support.
Geisinger offers clinics and hospitals throughout the region, offering you all the leukemia and lymphoma care you need close to home.