Cancer treatments remove tumors or interfere with their ability to grow. Geisinger helps you fight cancer with a broad range of treatments. We offer all the latest in cancer care, including new cancer-fighting drugs that are not widely available.
Cancer treatments at Geisinger include:
- Cancer-fighting drugs (chemotherapy)
- Radiation therapy
- Cancer surgery
- New treatments available through cancer clinical trials
- Specialized chemotherapy
- Bone marrow transplant
What you should know about cancer treatment
- We offer services that return a sense of normalcy to your everyday life. For throat cancer, for example, we help you learn how to talk after surgery.
- Our clinics have special features to help you stay comfortable, such as heated chemotherapy chairs.
Why choose Geisinger for your cancer treatment?
- Precision treatment: We use sophisticated techniques to deliver precise treatments that help you avoid complications. These techniques include robotic surgery, to remove tumors in hard to reach areas. Our colorectal surgeons use robotic surgery to remove tumors through tiny incisions while preserving normal bowel function. Find out more about robotic surgery.
- Support: We understand that cancer treatment can bring challenges to your life. Our holistic approach includes special therapies, such as yoga and deep breathing, to help you find comfort and relieve anxiety. Our cancer support groups offer a caring ear and the encouragement you need to get through tough times. Find out more about cancer support.
- Recognition: Several Geisinger locations have earned accreditation from the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer. This prestigious recognition demonstrates our commitment to safe, effective cancer care. For example, we take extra steps to preserve bowel function in men undergoing radiation therapy for prostate cancer. Learn more about prostate cancer.
- Convenience: We offer specialized cancer clinics, including one for gynecologic cancer, that allow you to see multiple specialists during a single visit. Our approach may help you start treatments sooner. Several clinics also feature dedicated nurse navigators who help coordinate appointments, so you can focus on getting better.
Treats these conditions
Our cancer specialists help you fight cancer with personalized treatment plans that include the latest in surgical and non-surgical cancer care.
Specialties and institutes
- Cancer clinical trials : Get access to potentially life-saving treatments by participating in a national clinical research study.
- Cancer surgery
- Chemotherapy : Strong drugs destroy cancer cells, prevent them from spreading or slow their growth.
- Radiation therapy : This treatment uses radiation (X-ray) beams to destroy cancer cells.