Cancer clinical trials
Our extensive history with cancer research and clinical trials gives you access to new treatments before they become widely available. Participating in a trial may help you get better even if standard approaches haven’t worked. From brain tumors to lung cancer, our research includes rare and common forms of cancer.
Clinical trials at Geisinger include new:
- Cancer-fighting drugs (chemotherapy and others)
- Screening tests to detect cancer earlier
- Cancer surgery techniques
- Devices, including tumor-treating fields, that destroy tumors with low levels of electricity
What you should know about cancer clinical trials:
- Clinical trials are helping us find better ways to prevent, diagnose and treat cancer.
- Our participation in prestigious national research groups gives you access to leading-edge care close to home.
Why choose Geisinger for cancer clinical trials?
- Leaders in cancer research: Geisinger has been participating in trials sponsored by the National Cancer Institute (NCI) for more than 30 years. NCI is among the largest funders of cancer research in the world. Through this partnership, we work alongside some of the top programs in the country testing new treatments. Our specialization helps you have a safe experience during clinical trials.
- Convenience: We are one of only two hospital systems in Pennsylvania participating in the NCI Community Oncology Research Program (NCORP). This program brings prestigious trials to Geisinger clinics in your home community. Our participation in NCORP also allows you to receive new treatments while receiving care from a team you know and trust.
- Support: If you wish to participate in a trial, you receive support from dedicated research nurses. We let you know which trials you are eligible for and how the treatment may help you. If you choose to participate, we work with you to coordinate all of your care, including help scheduling doctor’s appointments. Find a study.
Treats these conditions
Clinical trials at Geisinger help you receive the latest cancer treatments close to home.