Neurotrauma refers to injuries to nerves, brain or spine. Severe neurotrauma can have serious consequences and must be treated as quickly as possible.
Geisinger provides full-service care for all forms of neurological injury, including:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Craniofacial injury
- Spinal cord injury
- Spinal column injury
- Peripheral nerve injury
- Injury to the major blood vessels supplying the brain
- Minor and sports related injuries
What you should know about neurotrauma
- Anyone who experiences significant trauma to the head, neck or back needs immediate medical evaluation for the possibility of a spinal injury or traumatic brain injury (TBI).
- Peripheral nerves are fragile and easily damaged. A nerve injury can interfere with the brain's ability to communicate with muscles and organs. It is important to get treatment quickly, since most peripheral nerve damage can be repaired.
- Craniofacial reconstruction relieves pain and improves appearance and function for patients with craniofacial abnormalities resulting from injury, trauma or cancer.
Why choose Geisinger for your neurotrauma care?
- With a level I trauma center, two level II trauma centers and a level II pediatric trauma center, all prepared to provide 24/7 emergency care, Geisinger offers state-of-the-art treatment options for all types of neurotrauma. Life Flight® teams are ready at any time to transfer patients to the appropriate trauma center.
- Our neurotrauma team includes dedicated neurosurgeons, neurointensivists and neurocritical care nurses.
- Our neurotrauma specialists work with rehabilitation facilities in the area to provide compassionate and effective care after hospital stays.