Some patients require eye surgery to restore or protect their vision and maintain their quality of life. In addition to treating eye diseases, we also perform cosmetic surgery procedures to restore or enhance the tissues surrounding the eye.
What you should know about eye surgery
- Certain eye diseases and conditions, like cataracts and retinal tears, may require surgery.
- Your physician will help you determine whether you need surgery based on the severity of your condition and your age.
Why choose Geisinger for your eye surgery?
- Our eye surgeons are specially trained to perform the most delicate eye surgeries and will work with you to create a personalized care plan for before, during and after the procedure.
- Our surgical techniques are designed to minimize any discomfort.
Treatments for eye conditions
Our eye surgery services include medically necessary and cosmetic procedures:
- Small-incision cataract surgery
- Corneal surgery
- Retinal surgery
- Blepharoplasty (eyelid surgery)
- Lacrimal surgery (tear duct surgery)
- Orbital surgery (eye socket surgery)
- Tumor biopsies
- Glaucoma surgery
- Strabismus surgery