Neuropsychology is a healthcare specialty that includes the assessment and treatment of brain injuries and cognitive diseases. Our neuropsychologists provide a personalized plan of care for patients suffering from trauma, sports-related concussions, dementia and other cognitive impairments.
Patients who develop a cognitive disease or experience an injury to the brain, spine or nerves may suddenly find themselves also coping with a decline in their mental health.
Concussions, brain diseases and other conditions can have a significant impact on overall health, which makes neuropsychology an important part of the healing process.
What you should know about neuropsychology
- Our neuropsychologists are specially trained to evaluate brain function and treat cognitive conditions.
- Treatment plans may include cognitive rehabilitation, behavior management, medication and
- Our neuropsychologists also work with specialists in trauma, neurology, and physical medicine
and rehabilitation to meet patients’ unique needs.
Treats these conditions
Our neuropsychologists provide care for patients with a wide range of injuries and diseases, including:
- Autoimmune conditions, such as multiple sclerosis
- Cerebrovascular disease
- Dementia and Alzheimer’s disease
- Parkinson's disease
- Sports-related concussions
- Traumatic brain injury