Optometry and ophthalmology
Our optometry and ophthalmology group provides the best eye care possible for patients of all ages by offering vision care ranging from routine eye exams to complex surgical treatments.
What you should know about optometry and ophthalmology
- Optometrists and ophthalmologists are doctors specializing in eye care, including basic vision care and correction, diagnosis of sight-related problems and surgery.
- Changes in eye health can be an early sign of debilitating conditions or diseases, such as diabetes.
- Pediatric eye care is especially important, since many common childhood eye conditions can be easily corrected if they’re caught early.
Why choose Geisinger for optometry and ophthalmology?
- Our patient-centered approach is designed to keep your eyes healthy, at every stage of life.
- Our eye doctors recognize the importance of healthy vision in allowing you to live life fully.
Optometry and ophthalmology conditions we treat
Our optometrists and ophthalmologists provide complete eye care for all vision problems, including:
- Inflammation of the eyelid
- Blockages or swelling
- Infections, such as conjunctivitis
- Abrasions of the cornea
- Diabetic eye conditions
- Dry eye syndrome
- Rosacea and red eye irritation
- Low vision
- Macular degeneration
- Retinal degeneration
- Diseases of the cornea
- Uveitis, or inflammation of the eye
- Optic neuritis, or inflammation of the optic nerve