Foot and ankle pain
Foot and ankle problems can affect your daily life, especially your ability to walk without pain. Overuse, injuries and chronic conditions can all contribute to foot and ankle pain. Geisinger orthopaedists aim to keep you mobile and pain free.
Our foot and ankle specialists treat a range of foot and ankle problems, from sprained ankles to broken bones and chronic conditions causing pain. We also offer ankle replacement and other complex surgeries.
What you should know about foot and ankle pain:
- With 26 bones and more than 100 tendons, muscles and ligaments in the foot and ankle combined, there are many chances for injuries.
- We treat a wide range of foot and ankle conditions:
- Bone spurs
- Bunions, foot calluses and corns
- Flat feet
- Foot, ankle, arch and heel pain
- Foot ulcers, wounds and warts
- Hammer toe
- Ingrown toenails
- Plantar fasciitis
- Sprains and fractures
- Toe numbness and deformities
Why choose Geisinger to treat your foot and ankle pain?
- Specialized surgical care: Our orthopaedic specialists and podiatrists (foot and ankle doctors) work as a team to provide complete care before, during and after surgery. We offer a range of surgeries to reduce pain or help you stay mobile, including joint replacement. Our doctors also have extensive experience performing:
- Salvage surgery
- Forefoot/rear foot surgery
- Peripheral nerve surgery
- Reconstructive and revision surgery
- Specialized doctors: At Geisinger, you see leading physicians who have dedicated themselves to knowing everything possible about the foot and ankle, including what can go wrong and how best to treat it. Our team includes:
- Orthopaedic surgeons who have undergone additional, specialized training (fellowships) in foot and ankle conditions and treatments
- Podiatrists, or foot and ankle doctors, who passed optional and rigorous national exams (board certification) testing their specialized medical knowledge and skills
- Orthotic care: Through our orthotics program, we can treat several types of foot and ankle pain. Our orthotics specialists provide custom braces, shoes that help people deal with complications related to diabetes and other treatment devices for people of all ages. Orthotics are just one of the ways we help runners and other athletes take care of their feet.