Hip Preservation Clinic
Our Hip Preservation Clinic cares for active people 35 and younger who have hip pain. We work with you to delay the need for hip replacement surgery. Instead, our clinic offers minimally invasive treatments to help you stay active and manage hip pain.
What you should know about the Hip Preservation Clinic:
- The timing of hip replacement surgery is very important. Through this clinic, we help younger people determine if it is in their best interest to wait. We offer alternative procedures that can help reduce pain.
- Some of the hip treatments we offer include:
- Hip resurfacing, a procedure that preserves worn or damaged cartilage or bone
- Hip arthroscopy, a minimally invasive technique that helps repair hips
- Osteotomy, a surgery to shift the hip inside the socket and relieve pain
Why choose Geisinger’s Hip Preservation Clinic?
- Personalized approach: The Hip Preservation Clinic team works closely with you to determine which hip procedure is right for you. We are able to offer both surgical and minimally invasive techniques that delay joint replacement surgery.
- Focus on staying active: We want to help you maintain your active lifestyle, instead of being derailed by hip pain. No matter your age or your health goals, we can help you find the right treatment.
- Staffed by specialists: Geisinger’s orthopaedic care team includes specialists from orthopaedic surgery, sports medicine and physical therapy. Together, our team brings years of practice and advanced training to help everyone who visits our clinic.