Cancer means that abnormal cells have grown out of control. It can form nearly anywhere in the body and cause symptoms that can affect both your daily routine and your passions. We offer specialized care, including screenings, treatments and support, to help you fight cancer and protect your quality of life.
Why choose Geisinger for your cancer care?
- Safety: If you need radiation therapy, our dedicated radiation physicists meticulously plan your treatment. These specialists make sure you receive the right dose of radiation to meet your unique needs and that our machines accurately target the tumor. Learn more about radiation therapy.
- Specialized care: Our team includes cancer doctors (oncologists), surgeons and radiation therapists. Many of our doctors have undergone additional training (fellowships) in treating specific types of cancer. These specialized skills help us deliver care tailored to meet your medical needs. Find a provider.
- Focus on quality of life: Precision treatments at Geisinger help you avoid complications that could get in the way of your busy lifestyle. For colorectal cancer, we use sophisticated surgical techniques, such as robotic surgery, to preserve bowel function. Find out more about cancer treatment.
- Innovative treatments: Clinical trials at Geisinger give you access to new treatments that are not widely available. We are often among the first programs in the region offering new cancer-fighting drugs and surgical techniques. These treatments may help you feel better even when standard treatments aren’t working. Learn more about cancer clinical trials.
- To learn more about cancer services at Geisinger, click here see our annual report.
Cancer conditions and treatments
Our team delivers exceptional care for all phases of your cancer journey, including diagnosis, treatment and the transition back to everyday life.
- Bladder cancer
- Bone cancer and sarcomas
- Brain tumors
- Breast cancer
- Colorectal cancer
- GI (Gastrointestinal) cancer
- Gynecologic cancer
- Head and neck cancer
- Kidney cancer
- Leukemia and lymphoma
- Lung cancer
- Melanoma and skin cancer
- Pancreatic cancer
- Pediatric leukemia and lymphoma
- Pediatric tumors and sarcomas
- Prostate cancer