Cancer means that abnormal cells have grown out of control. It can form nearly anywhere in the body and cause symptoms that can affect both your daily routine and your passions. We offer specialized care, including screenings, treatments and support, to help you fight cancer and protect your quality of life.
Why choose Geisinger for your cancer care?
- Safety: If you need radiation therapy, our dedicated radiation physicists meticulously plan your treatment. These specialists make sure you receive the right dose of radiation to meet your unique needs and that our machines accurately target the tumor. Learn more about radiation therapy.
- Specialized care: Our team includes cancer doctors (oncologists), surgeons and radiation therapists. Many of our doctors have undergone additional training (fellowships) in treating specific types of cancer. These specialized skills help us deliver care tailored to meet your medical needs. Find a provider.
- Focus on quality of life: Precision treatments at Geisinger help you avoid complications that could get in the way of your busy lifestyle. For colorectal cancer, we use sophisticated surgical techniques, such as robotic surgery, to preserve bowel function. Find out more about cancer treatment.
- Innovative treatments: Clinical trials at Geisinger give you access to new treatments that are not widely available. We are often among the first programs in the region offering new cancer-fighting drugs and surgical techniques. These treatments may help you feel better even when standard treatments aren’t working. Learn more about cancer clinical trials.
Cancer conditions and treatments
Our team delivers exceptional care for all phases of your cancer journey, including diagnosis, treatment and the transition back to everyday life.
Related specialties and institutes
- Cancer clinical trials : Get access to potentially life-saving treatments by participating in a national clinical research study.
- Cancer surgery
- Chemotherapy : Strong drugs destroy cancer cells, prevent them from spreading or slow their growth.
- Radiation therapy : This treatment uses radiation (X-ray) beams to destroy cancer cells.