Gynecologic surgery can diagnose and treat a variety of non-cancerous conditions in your reproductive system. At Geisinger, we use the most advanced minimally invasive procedures whenever possible.
What you should know about gynecological surgery:
- We can treat fibroids, ovarian cysts and polycystic ovary syndrome (PCOS) with surgery.
- We can also use gynecologic surgery to diagnose and treat certain fertility issues, such as blocked fallopian tubes and endometriosis. We can reverse a tubal litigation, which prevents a woman from becoming pregnant.
Why choose Geisinger for your gynecologic surgery?
- Specially trained surgeons: The doctors on our gynecological surgery team are highly experienced performing both open and minimally invasive surgeries. Team members passed rigorous national exams (board certification) and include:
- Advanced minimally invasive procedures: Our specialists perform the latest minimally invasive gynecologic procedures. They use these procedures to both diagnose and treat gynecological conditions. Procedures include:
- Laparoscopy: A provider inserts a small instrument, called a laparoscope, through a small incision. A camera on the end of the laparoscope helps doctors perform surgeries inside your body.
- Robot-assisted: Our surgeons use the da Vinci®, a robotic system that helps them perform complex surgeries with more precision.
- Hysteroscopy: A surgeon inserts a small tube, called a hysteroscope, through the vagina and into the uterus. Small instruments can be inserted through the tube to diagnose and treat gynecological issues.
- Coordinated care: Your OB/GYN and gynecologic surgeon work collaboratively to determine the right treatment for each gynecologic condition. They may recommend medication, surgery or a combination of both to help relieve pain and symptoms.
Treats these conditions
You don’t have to live with discomfort or pain. Our specially trained gynecologic surgeons are experts at all types of effective procedures.