Sometimes all the exercise and dieting in the world can’t eliminate lumps or bulges on your hips, thighs, abdomen and buttocks. Our skilled body contouring providers can help you achieve the figure you want with the help of the latest surgical and non-surgical procedures.
What you should know about body contouring:
- For both surgical and non-surgical body contouring procedures, ideal candidates include:
- Those in good health
- People who are not obese
- Women who are not planning to get pregnant, since pregnancy will undo any body contouring work
- Non-surgical (non-invasive) body contouring helps people who are at or near their ideal weight. These procedures, which include CoolSculpting®, help flatten or smooth out unwanted bumps or excess fat pockets. Some facts about non-invasive procedures:
- They take less time and money than surgery. They do not produce as dramatic of results, though.
- Providers perform the procedures in a clinic during outpatient visits.
- Downtime and side effects are minimal.
Why choose Geisinger for your body contouring?
- Wide range of body contouring surgery options: Our cosmetic surgeons perform all types of body contouring surgery to help you achieve your ideal figure. Surgeries include:
- Tummy tuck (abdominoplasty): A tummy tuck removes excess fat and skin to create a flat, smoother stomach. We perform a variety of tummy tucks, including standard, mini and extended procedures.
- Body lift (belt lipectomy): This procedure is ideal for people who have lost weight but who have excess skin and fat around their abdomen, thighs, back and buttocks. The excess skin and fat are trimmed and tightened to produce a shapelier figure.
- Arm lift (brachioplasty): Dramatic weight loss can leave excess skin on your arms, too. As we age, our upper arms can also sag and lose muscle tone. An arm lift removes flabby skin from the upper arms so you can wear tank tops and T- shirts again with confidence.
- Thigh lift: Whether they’re caused by age, genetics or weight loss, excess thigh fat and skin can be very difficult to eliminate. In this procedure, they are removed from the inner or outer thighs.
- Upper back (bra-line lift): If you have back bulges or sagging skin along your bra-line, this procedure can remove excess fat from your upper back, with minimal visible signs of surgery. You can hide any scars under your bra.
- Liposuction: Liposuction removes excess fat deposits in different areas of your body, including thighs, hips, buttocks, upper arms, abdomen and back. We offer standard liposuction (tumescent) and Vaser® Lipo (using ultrasound waves).
- Most advanced non-surgical fat reduction: We offer CoolSculpting® (cryolipolysis), a non-invasive procedure that permanently destroys fat cells in your abdomen, thighs and sides by freezing them. You can reduce fat with this non-invasive procedure on your lunch hour, returning to work the same afternoon.
- Surgery center affiliated with a hospital system: Our cosmetic surgery department is part of a major medical system. It is one of the few such programs in the region with this distinction. If our cosmetic providers find a health issue during a procedure, we have additional medical specialists readily available to treat any situation.
Treats these conditions
Our cosmetic surgeons can help you look and feel your best.
- Excess skin due to dramatic weight loss
- Unwanted fat