Sun exposure and aging can detract from your skin’s texture and appearance. We offer a variety of surgical and non-surgical options to help you look better and younger. Some non-surgical procedures can help you reduce lines, brown spots and saggy skin on your lunch hour, with minimal side effects.
What you should know about cosmetic facial procedures:
- Tell your plastic surgeon about your medical history, medications, allergies, habits and background, which could affect the outcome of the surgery. With this information, our surgeons will be able to plan for a safe surgery with a pleasing outcome.
- Many people are confused about the differences between Botox® and fillers injected into your skin, such as Juvederm® and Restalyn®. Here’s a quick rundown of the two types of injectables:
- Botox® is a neuromuscular toxin that paralyzes, or relaxes, certain facial muscles. Safely targeting these muscles stops wrinkles from forming, helping your skin appear smooth. Botox® is often used to eliminate lines between your eyebrows, on your forehead and around your eyes.
- Injectable fillers such as Juvederm® and Restalyn® fill in and plump up deep wrinkles and skin volume loss. Also called dermal fillers, these treatments are frequently used to fill the creases between your nose and mouth (your marionette lines), fatten up thin lips, and increase cheek volume.
Why choose Geisinger for your cosmetic facial procedures?
- Board-certified doctors: In many medical spas and cosmetic surgery centers, nurses or estheticians often perform the non-surgical procedures. At Geisinger, board-certified plastic surgeons, dermatologists or otolaryngologists (ENTs) perform all of our non-surgical treatments, as well as all of our surgical procedures. Board certification means your doctor has passed rigorous, optional exams testing expertise.
- Wide range of options: No matter what part of your face or neck bothers you, our specially trained facial plastic surgeons can help enhance your appearance. Surgical options to help you look and feel better include:
- Face and neck lift (rhytidectomy)
- Eye lift (blepharoplasty)
- Brow lift
- Nose surgery (rhinoplasty)
- Ear pinning (otoplasty)
- Latest non-invasive treatments: As an alternative to surgery, you may choose a non-surgical procedure or injectable to temporarily stop wrinkles from forming and add volume to your face. We offer the latest approaches, and can usually perform them within an hour. These treatments include:
- Botox® , an injection used to minimize wrinkles and fines lines
- Kybella®, a drug injected into the skin to destroy fat cells under the chin
- CoolSculpting®, a procedure that eliminates fat cells under the chin and other troublesome spots by freezing them
- Facial fillers such as Juvaderm®, Radiesse®, Restylane®, Sculptra®, Voluma®, Volbella® and Belotera®. These injectables smooth out fine lines and wrinkles, plump up thin lips, and restore lost volume in cheeks and other facial areas.