Joint replacement is surgery to replace your worn out or diseased joint with a new, artificial one. We can replace your entire joint, or part of your joint. While we most commonly replace knees and hips, we can also provide you with a new shoulder, ankle or elbow.
What you should know about joint replacement:
- Diseases like arthritis are a major cause of joint pain. Injuries from trauma (such as a car accident) or overuse (from sports or other activity) can also cause joint problems. Joint replacement relieves these issues.
- Artificial joints are made of plastic, metal or ceramic parts. The joints last 10 to 15 years. That means you may need a joint replaced more than once.
Why choose Geisinger for joint replacement surgery?
- Specialized orthopaedic care: We perform a high number of orthopaedic surgeries, including joint replacement. Trust our experience to help you get back to an active, pain-free life.
- Joint replacement excellence: Our knee replacement and hip replacement surgeries are both backed by ProvenCare. This innovative program standardizes quality care and makes us a sought-out destination for joint replacement surgery.
- Focus on patient education: People who are well-informed and prepared for surgery tend to have the best outcomes. We work with you to help you know what to expect from surgery, and how you can aid your recovery.